Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"The Girls"... and a Rooster too!

The hens were all huddled up but when I got the camera out, it was as though they began to get into position and pose for a photo! Too funny... they are now giving us 2-3 eggs a day, meaning one of the young hens has begun to lay eggs. I think we have two more that will start laying... and we should go up to 5 eggs a day. Meanwhile, our friend Pearl shares her hens beautiful eggs with us!

Now, when I originally talked to my honey about getting hens he was reluctant... however they have turned out to be so easy to have and care for! So, I imagined I'd have a pretty little "Chicken Chateau" but, unfortunately my hens ended up in a "Chicken Ghetto". Well, Charles just says, "They are chickens... they don't care!" I do and someday they'll have their dream home! ;-)



etto"

No comments:

Post a Comment