Friday, April 8, 2011

God definitely has a sense of humor...

This is the place that I had my fall garden... however, while watering a few (I mean 2) surviving plants, the bluebonnets starting popping up. They start in the late fall and will survive if they have water. Since we've had no rain, the only patch is... yes, exactly where I would have placed my spring garden! Don't laugh at the make-shift fence put up to keep the sheep from eating the bluebonnets - after all, this fence matches the neighbor's chicken ghetto (pickin' up on the theme???).


I just couldn't till them up, in fact I hate to even step on them, so... they WIN! Once they have gone to seed, I'll plant some summer plants - in fact, it's the perfect place for okra and corn. Yummm... pickled okra! I think that canning is a pefect excuse for a day or two of PTO! My mother made pickled okra and German dill pickles for years - we all loved anything mom made (except liver)! That's the kind of junk food we grew up on - that's just how it was because we had the Kool-Aid mom! Oh, and happy birthday mom - see you tomorrow night to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment